Monday, September 2, 2013

Weekly Roasts and Tablet Writing

Over the weekend, I made a good effort at two different roasts.

I first started with finishing off the bit of the Brazilian and the El Salvadoran coffees off. I mixed in a good base of one of the new ones. After finishing it off and letting cool, I promptly dropped half of the mess on the floor. I saved what I could, and took it to work the next day.

Even though, it had only degassed a few hours by that next morning, it kicked ass. It made a lovely, slightly tart espresso. The evening before, I put a bit of it in the Aeropress, and the brownie I ate with it highlighted the subtle chocolate tones to it.

I also roasted up the Guatemalan coffee to about a City + or Full City roast. I was able to let it sit for the full two days. It is a good coffee, full of fruity flavors I cannot quote describe. So far, I have only been able to brew it up in the French Press, but I think it would work out better in the Chemex.

On a side note, I am typing this out on my tablet, and I am impressed with how easy it is to get words out on it. I need to go back and correct a bit, but writing has been a little less intimidating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment