Thursday, September 12, 2013

Roasting and Allergies

Since I had a couple days off this week, I wound up changing my coffee plans up a bit. I intended to do a bit more roasting over the couple days, but it just did not work out that way. I did, however, throw together a nice blend of the coffees I had up in the cupboard. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to writing exactly what went into it. 

I got a nice woodsy blend, with more hints of chocolate and fruit. It cupped nicely in the French Press and in the expensive espresso machines at work. It was tangy and a bit acidic in an espresso extraction. It was brilliant. 

Its gone now, but I could reproduce it and will over the next couple days. 

It seems, however that I really am allergic to some of the fumes the coffee roasting puts off. I am going to try roasting with some dust masks to see if that helps. Based off some of the forums, that maybe the way to go. 

If not, I may have to rethink the roasting set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment