Thursday, August 22, 2013

Brazilian Blends.

I have been wanting to write about this for about a week now, but I just have not been able to settle into it.

The intent was to make a darker roast with a coffee that is supposed to be perfect for espresso. I was going to mix it with a few other things, but that did not happen. Instead, I roasted the Brazilian Fazenda at multiple roast points, trying to bring out the whole flavor profile in the coffee.

It was meant to be best for the Aeropress. Instead, it worked out perfectly in the Chemex, resulting in a dark amber colored coffee that was full of nuttiness and chocolate and hints of fruit. Sadly, it was too much to be properly enjoyed in the French Press.

I was drinking it all through the Con while I have been finishing off the Darth Vader Roast. Sadly, I finished it yesterday, but it was a week old. The previous blend was better, and this was a worthwhile experience. I still was not able to get the coffee to truly dark roast. However, with the notes I have during the process, I will find that right point.

I have a new load from Sweet Marias, and a bit left over from the other coffees.

Tomorrow, we roast!

No comments:

Post a Comment